3.18.2011

all in the details

(Vintage: blouse & blazer, H&M shorts, Steve Madden booties, Alexander Wang bag, f21 sparrow & chain bracelet, vintage: crystal necklace & emerald & onyx cuff dad's "picture stone" jade cuff, DIY armor ring, S&D designs name cuff)

I've always said that my love of jewelry and accessories comes from my mom. For as long as I can remember she's had a wrist full of sterling silver and turqouise cuffs that were stacked nearly to her elbow. She NEVER and I mean NEVER took them off. There have been many incidences going through airport security, where my mother nicely but sternly told the airport security to F*ck off and use the handheld metal detector, because she was not removing her jewels....This is not only where my love and appreciation came from but I think I inherited her talent. It's not a conscious effort to accessorize for me. Depending on my mood, I just stack it on and hope that it works out. Having said that I am such a yellow gold person, as you've probably noticed, but as far as silver goes the photos above capture some of my fav pieces. The DIY armor ring, that took me about 2 hours to remove the creepy vampire looking claw that covered the tip of my finger, obviously 2 crystal necklaces although I now stack on more and more to made an even bolder statement. But the most important, sentimental and precious piece in this series of photos is the "picture stone" jade cuff. The stone appears to have a photo of a rocky skyline, when in fact it is just a discolored jade stone. It was a gift from my mom, who at that time had little, to no money so she sold her BIKE to have the loose stone turned into a cuff, that my father wore and never took off throughout the 70's. I love wearing it from time to time and imagining my hippie parents running around like menaces in the Haight and Mission of San Francisco similar to how I am in NYC. TGIF everyone....muah muah muah


17 comments:

  1. I love all your precious jewels! Accessories are my favourite thing to play around with for any outfit.

    xo L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Alexander Wang bag!!!

    www.morningcupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cuff is so pretty and special! And I am in love with your bird-necklace :)

    www.chickenmelt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Outfit!!!
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    xx

    www.ilovenystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is, hands down, one of my all time favourite looks. You've managed to combine tweed, studs and statement jewellery and make it look supremely stylish rather than mad bag ladyish as I fear it might if I attempted something similar. Great post and very lovely blog X

    http://ella-lapetiteanglaise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This combo is great, masculine meets feminine. You and your mother BOTH have great sense of style xx-Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics and the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous outfit!!follow you!
    if you want follow me back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the knuckle ring and this look! very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cuff is gorgeous, I love your Shourouk necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I really love your clothes and everything you wear! You have an absolutely gorgeous style! You deserve definitely more followers :)

    Greetings from Germany ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, love the ring!

    http://billyhoss.blogspot.com/
    http://billyhoss.blogspot.com/
    http://billyhoss.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your necklaces and bracelets.

    www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely love the jewelry youre wearing

    www.societysmisfit.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love. If you haven't already signed up to follow me, please do so now.
Thanks
Tess

Related Posts with Thumbnails